Saturday, August 9, 2008

Figurative Paintings




Figures are very challenging and fun to paint. Currently I am working on images and photos of my mom's photo album. She was born in 1939 and her black and white photos of her childhood and her youth have always grabbed my attention. It is a time that has gone and everything seems more romantic and it even seems to be a calming influence in my art. So for this reason I am painting from these photos. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy painting them.

1 comment:

Robert Hummel said...

Your paintings are outstanding!!!
I love your use of color and subject matter choice. I enjoy your Florida plein air paintings so much and look forward to seeing more.
I hope to see them in person one day when in Florida at a gallery or show.
Robert Hummel
rhummel1@aol.com